The Historical Society Museum is located on the second
floor of the Spring Lake Municipal Building,
the southeast corner of Fifth Avenue. The
building was originally erected in 1897
as the town’s
first public school and served in the 1950’s as a
Masonic Lodge. The Museum has an
quality. Its ornamental interior, rich with
architectural detail, now plays
host to the collections
that form the heart of the Society’s historical
Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Sundays: 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
(In the winter season, from
12/13/13 through 3/10/14, the museum will not be open
during its normal hours
but will be open by appointment only. Please call
732-974-0360 for an appointment)
The Spring Lake Historical Society (SLHS) is non-profit,
and some of its activities include the following:
Providing scholarships to Spring Lake high school
Researching and documenting the history of homes in
Presenting programs at the elementary school relating
to the history of Spring Lake.
Sponsoring public forums on topics of local and
Conducting guided bus and walking tours of historic
Spring Lake for tour groups.
North End Pavilion historical tile preservation.
Publishing a periodic newsletter with articles and
current activities of the Society.
To become a member of the Spring Lake Historical
Society, click here to print out a
Membership Application. Please fill out and return the
application with your check in the amount of $25 for an
annual individual general membership or $200 for a lifetime membership.
SPRING LAKE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, INC.
P.O. Box 703
Spring Lake, NJ 07762